Bun mang vit - duck vermicelli soup with bamboo shoots

 

Home with mum&dad and "bun mang vit" :p

My holiday with them is hardly separated from foods and "bun mang vit" ... I never though of "bun mang vit" association before though foods, always.


My parents love farming and always prefer high quality raw ingredients, they farm chickens, ducks, gooses and sometimes turkeys. I guess if they can afford time for cattle, they have already farmed them. Well, in fact, they are going to...

Caged chickens and economic ducks, to be honest, are not so good (loose texture, light taste and fair flavour) ... we are students sometimes forget about that but price; they are my parents and want us to eat well.


So, though prefer quick and easy as already full and tired, I could hardly refuse their offer, their love and care. Mum said, your dad saved this for you, he bought that for your coming (I can go on talking about their affection and diligence but let another time, maybe); dad was so keen on "let duck"


so, I "went duck"

With duck, I always make "bun mang vit" as mum loves it and grilled duck or/and poached duck... wondering why I could never make it taste the same in the UK ... maybe the duck, maybe the bamboo shoots or maybe the lack of spicy and fresh herbs ... whatever it is, I was quite please, yesterday, yes.

The stock was pure, aromatic and lightly sweet (not sugary)

The bamboo shoots were aromatic and spicy (which we loved but poor mum, it was a bit too hot for her but it's ok , she's got another one this morning and said,delicious)

... accompany by load of fresh herbs, yeah, cut them in small pieces and mix. So it is, a delicious aromatic association




3 comments: